Karjat River Rafting is another thrilling activity that one can choose for the weekends. Karjat is always been a destination of great luxury farmhouse, bungalows and beautiful resorts with lush greenery all around. To all those Karjat lovers this is great news coming up that there will a river rafting in Ulhas river near Karjat.
Karjat River Rafting Information
- River rafting Timings: There will be 10 slots in a day (Choose anyone)
- Karjat Rafting Packages & Prices:-
- Rafting rates on Weekends – INR 1400/- per person
- Rafting price on Weekdays – INR 1000/- per person
- Activity duration:- 2-3 hours
- Best season for rafting in Karjat: – Monsoon
- Karjat River Rafting Contact Number: – 86525 09851
- Rafting Difficulty Level – Grade III & IV
- Rafting distance – 15-20 KM
- Karjat River Rafting Booking Process – Advance Booking is compulsory.
One can book the rafting packages along with the stay packages and make your weekend memorable one. There are a plethora of stay options available. Stay in Karjat indeed a great experience but if you coupled with the thrilling rafting of Karjat then it would be one of a kind.
How to Reach Karjat Rafting start point
- By Air – Mumbai is the nearest airport and one can hire a cab to reach point of River Rafting at Karjat. Mumbai to Karjat distance by cab is 75 KM and roads are in better conditions via Panvel route.
- By Road – There are two roads – via Panvel & via Badlapur. Panvel road is in better condition.
- By Rail – Let me tell you, travelling by train is much easier than any other option in Mumbai. There are many Mumbai CST to Karjat local trains available running frequently. Karjat lies on the central line and local train deviates at Kalyan Junction.
- By Air – Mumbai is the nearest Airport but Pune airport to Karjat distance is 115 Km by road which is also a second preferable option.
- By Road – Obviously, Mumbai Pune expressway scenic route is most preferable compared to Mumbai – Pune old highway, though both are in good conditions. Take an exit at Khalapur, reach Karjat rafting point via Chowk Phata. If you are coming by old highway, reach Khopoli and take state highway to reach rafting at Karjat.
- By Rail – Again, this will be the most preferable options of all. There are many Pune to Mumbai Trains available which halts at Karjat station. Pune to Karjat by train will take roughly around 2 hours time and also the added advantage is the scenic beauty around the route. Few Trains – Mahalaxmi Express, Pragati Express, Sinhgad Express, Sahyadri Express, etc.
River rafting in Mumbai is nothing but the White water rafting Karjat. This is the one place for river rafting near Mumbai apart from river rafting at Kolad. White water rafting in Ulhas river is completely safe and considered as best corporate team building activity for employees. Ulhas River Rafting is dam controlled rafting as it is on the Ulhas river which gets water from Tata power project of Khopoli- Lonavala. If you ask things to do in Karjat then Rafting will be on top of the list.
Places to visit near Karjat
- Rajmachi fort trek
- Palasdari Waterfall
- Kondane Caves
- Madap Waterfall
- Corporate Team outing Campsites
- Diksal Waterfall Rappelling
- Irshalgad Trek
Overall, Karjat river rafting is one of a kind experience that one should try at least once in a lifetime. Do visit and experience and let me know how was it.